POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lens Flares? : Re: Lens Flares? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens Flares?
From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 6 Nov 2001 19:30:50
Message: <3be880ba$2@news.povray.org>
You found me out!  A while back I started to try to do this (one of many
projects simmering on the back burner for me).  After a week of searching I
finally found some values for a 35mm camera lens system and started working
on it.  Last week I was playing a bit more with it and finally got the
beginnings of successful 'real' lens flares.  Mind you it is quite a render,
with 5 lenses (10 refracting/reflecting surfaces) you have to set the max
trace level quite high to get anything workable with all those reflections
and refractions (During the latest runs at it I was up to 5000 for
max_trace_level).  More on that in the future when I get more time to play
with it.

-tgq